Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Q&A: What does a minor in physics really tell you about an individual?



Your Ad Here





Question by bob8763763: What does a minor in physics really tell you about an individual?

I am graduating from college in a year with a major in mathematics and a minor in physics. Where I go to school all math majors MUST have a minor. I choose the physics minor for the mere fact that i already had to take Physics 1 and 2 for my degree so why not take 3 more physics classes instead of 5 more classes of something else. I get through physics courses cause I get the math but other then that I have to have a minor .. I dont know what a minor really says about someone..i hope this makes sense.... (here is a list of the physics courses I took for my minor...Physics 1, Physics 2, Modern Physics, Modern Physics Lab, Optics, and Mathematical Physics)




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by pessimist_atheist
WELL, I don't know what to tell you here. If I had to answer the question from a outside perspective (i.e. not having a B.S. in math and a physics minor myself), I would say having the physics minor is a sign that not only are you able to conquer the rigid world of mathematics, but that you are flexible enough to apply the math to a specific discipline, in your case physics, rather than just having a pure logic style of thinking that turns math majors into math Ph.Ds.

From my personal perspective, it hasn't meant much. I'm headed into the education field since I haven't been able to solidify a job doing anything I'm interested in related to math or physics. I hope you have a better student services/job placement program at your school.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment